- 2 avocados
- 3 plum tomatoes (or 1 regular slicing tomato, or 4-5 Roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 of a medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (I've made this optional since OP doesn't really appreciate the spice, and because the peppers seem to take over the taste of everything. Do what you want.)
- juice of 1 lemon (I actually just use the lemon juice from the little plastic lemon, and I also add some lime juice to keep things interesting!)
- Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped (I've made this optional because I really can't stand cilantro. If you like it, by all means use it!)
Halve and separate the avocados. Remove the pit with a spoon. With the skin intact, using a small knife, dice the avocado while still in the skin. Scoop out the diced flesh and place in a bowl. Combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapenos, and cilantro gently with avocado, and dress the salad with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to your taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment