- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (I actually used minced onion tonight since I was in no mood to chop an onion!)
- 1 Tb steak seasoning (I keep Montreal Steak Seasoning in the cupboard...it's very versatile!)
- 2 Tb butter
- 2 Tb flour
- 2 c beef broth
Her recipe also calls for a bunch of mushrooms, which I did not have. If you want mushrooms, use them! If not, it tastes great without them!
Combine the meat, sauce, onion, and steak seasoning. Make into 4 patties.
Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a Tb of olive oil. Add patties to the hot pan. Cook 6 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove and cover meat with foil to keep warm. Add more oil to pan (if needed) and the butter. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the broth and thicken 1-2 minutes. Pour gravy over the steaks. If using mushrooms, you would add those before you add the flour.
We had mashed potatoes with these...anything with gravy should be eaten with mashed potatoes!
1 comment:
I love this blog of yours. I found it through Julie who led me to your blog (which by the way...very cute!) It has given me some great ideas for dinner. Thanks Kristy! You're awesome!
Post a Comment