This recipe came from my dear friend Beebe's mom. It's super easy and super
delish!
- 5-1/2 c warm water
- 2 T yeast
- sprinkle of sugar
Mix gently. Let sit 5 minutes or until bubbly. Then add:
- 6 c whole wheat flour
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 c honey
- 2 T salt
Mix well. Add white flour until the dough is "like a baby's thigh" (note--I have NO idea what this means, but it's what Beebe wrote in the directions so I'm just passing that along!). You'll need to add 5-6 cups of white flour to achieve this. Knead for 10 minutes. Let rise until double (30-45 minutes). Divide into 4 loaves and place in greased bread pans. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise til double again. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Turn onto wire racks to cool. Store in plastic bags. Makes 4 loaves.
I stink at baking. I'm stinkier at baking bread. This was so easy for me to do and I'll definitely make it again. Thanks, Beebe!
1 comment:
Hmmm, I also am a terrible bread maker. If this one is so fool-proof, I may just have to try it!
Post a Comment