LEANN!!!!!!
LeAnn submitted a spinach quiche recipe and won the kick-A prize!
Here is her winning recipe:
Hey,
I tried Spinach Quiche.... well, It was just ok. Kind of one dimensional. So, if I were to make it again, I would half the spinach, and add tomatoes, mushrooms and sausage and more cheese. but that makes it not quite as good for you ;)
so here is the recipe:
3 eggs
1/2 c. chopped onions
1/2 t. seasoning salt
1/4 t. garlic salt
1 (10oz) pkg frozen spinach, thawed
1 c. evaporated milk
pepper to taste
1 1/2 c. shredded cheese (of your choice) I used cheddar, a little mozzarella, and some Jarlsberg (sp?)
2 T. flour
baked pie crust
Beat eggs. Then in a large mixing bowl, mix together with the onion seasoning salt, garlic salt, spinach, milk, and pepper. Combine cheese and flour and mix well. Add to egg and spinach mixture and mix well. Pour into a pie crust that has been baked and warm. Bake at 325 for 45 to 60 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
(Incidentally, LeAnn was the only one who actually emailed me a recipe. Next month, folks, next month!)
I'll bring your prize to dinner on Saturday, ok?
4 comments:
I was going to try a spinach recipe but I had grocery budget issues this month before I had a chance to buy the ingredients! (Long Story) I'm going to try again next month!
http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/recipes/mexican_lasagna.html
Hey Kristy...I know it is late but I meant to send this to you...we eat it a lot. Love the spinach in it with cilantro...yummy!!!
Heather--I understand completely! Next month I'll try to choose an ingredient that's a little more common so people don't have to buy anything special!
Woo HOo!!! Thanks for the super cute prize. :)
Post a Comment