Friday, August 1, 2008

Fondue--It's Fun to Do!

  • 1 can condensed Pepper Jack soup (Campbell's is what I used)
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 Tb chopped cilantro (optional

Suggested Dippers

  • Cooked chicken tenders
  • Cooked shrimp
  • Tortellini
  • Mini Ravioli
  • French Fries
  • Steamed Vegetables

Stir soup and milk in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Add cheese. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Stir in cilantro. Pour into fondue pot. Serve warm with dippers.

This is a recipe I found at Campbell's website. We had it for dinner last night and it was fan-freaking-tastic!

We're thinking of having this for an Enrichment dinner in October, but I think I might just use the regular cheddar cheese soup instead of the pepper jack since there are some older women in the ward who might not enjoy the little kick this fondue has. If you come up with other things to dip in the sauce, let me know! Last night, since we were experimenting, we had all but the ravioli with it. The tortellini and the chicken tenders were probably my favorites! Enjoy!

Another tip I got from the website is actually something we're going to do for the Enrichment meeting because it sounds cool:

Try serving in a pumpkin. Carefully slice off top 1/3 of a small pumpkin. Scoop out seeds and scrape away all of the stringy fibers. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high, 30 seconds at a time, until warm. Pour in soup mix and serve immediately.

No comments: