- 1 pound small shrimp, deveined and peeled, tails removed
- 2/3 pound orzo
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 TB chopped oregano leaves
Heat the olive oil, then add the onions, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the shrimp and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes, parsley, olives, oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink and firm, then turn off the heat.
Drain the cooked orzo and drizzle with a touch of alive oil to keep it from sticking. Serv the orzo topped with the feta crumbles and the shrimp mixture.
A couple of notes: I used bow-tie pasta because I couldn't find any orzo. I don't really keep fresh herbs around, so I just use dried. I chopped a couple of roma tomatoes instead of using cherry tomatoes since they were WAY cheaper. The kalamata olives were a bit too strong for us, so I may just use regular black olives next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment